Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image processing

Hi
    i am new in image programming.I need your help. problem is that i have image scanned at different dpi say 600dpi, so its size becomes large. now i want to get original size of image from this scanned image. can i do this?
    For example i have an image of 3 X 3 inch image, when scanned its size becomes 6 X 6. Now i have this 6 X 6 image and i want its original size i.e 3 X 3 ? Can i do this. I hope you will help this.

Using the image information dialog - the toolbar icon with the "i" on it - you can set a different dpi, which will change the print size of the image. Or you can resize the image through the Image-->Resize/Resample menu, and change the display size (pixel#) as well.

There are many options for resizing images. Explore the menus and experiment, you will find that IrfanView is an excellent resizing tool.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

MOD : moved this thread from 'Off-topic' to here, because I think it's on topic.

About this issue a lot of beginning users of graphic files on the pc are mistaken.
      As long as the picture is on the system, scanning or as a file, the actual real size of the picture in inches is totally irrelevant.
      It's the pixel-size that counts as long as one is handling the picture on the machine.
      Only if one decides to print out the picture, the DPI value becomes relevant. One can see this in the Information dialog.
      If the DPI value of an 800x600 bitmap is changed there, only the actual output size in inches is changed, not the 800x600.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X