Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you use variables in batch rename?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you use variables in batch rename?

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite (DIS) and I love the "labels" feature where you can add keywords to images. All my pictures have been labeled accordingly. DIS also has a nice feature that quickly renames photos using dates and such, and I have seen other utilities that can also do this.

However, none of the programs I've seen let you rename the photos using the Keyword information. That is, if the picture has keywords such as "Bob;Mary;Mexico", there should be a way to rename the photo(s) using "<Date>Bob;Mary;Mexico.JPG". Make sense? Any ideas how to do this?

It appears that Ifranview should be able to do this, but I can't figure out how from the help files. For example, when I use the Batch Rename feature, I see that in the "Set rename options" help area, $125 is supposed to be for "Keywords". However, I don't know where to put the "$125". If I put it into the "Name pattern" box, then my file is renamed literally "$125.jpg" (for example, the files are named $125.jpg, $125-1.jpg, $125-2.jpg, $125-3.jpg, etc).

How do you actually enter in the variables? How do you enter more than one variable? Whatever I put into the "Name pattern" box causes my file(s) to be literally renamed according to whatever I type in the "Name pattern" box. That is, the variables appear in the name instead of the keywords or values that the variables represent.

Thanks!!
Working...
X