Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch conversion from SWF to PDF

Hello,

I looked over the forums and didn't find this particular issue. I'm using version 4.0 and have all the most recent plug-ins installed.

I load the Flash files (SWF) into the batch conversion window and select PDF as the output to the original directory. When I hit the Start button, I get an error window.

I open the options button and under the PDF settings there is a Tab labled ImPDF. When I click on that tab there is an Application window that just has a "-" (dash) in it. The Producer window has: ComSquare ImPDF Library v0.27 in it.

It seems to me that the plug in may not be properly loaded but I can't figure out why it isn't or why I keep getting the error messages.

It appears that the ImPDF plug-in is working elsewhere in the program because I can open SWF files and use the capture/screenshot feature to convert my SWF files to PDF. That's working great! It just would be nice not to have to open every SWF file and do the Cont-F11 key capture.

Irfanview loads most of the plugins only when they are needed.
    I.E. if you like to change settings of a plugin it loads the plugin, let you change the settings, saves the settings in the ini and unloads the plugin.

The dash you mentioned is because Irfanview does not inform ImPDF about the name of the calling application. Not a big issue.

If you are getting an error message then it would help to tell us what the error is about...

Comment

What I get in the batch error report is that IV can't load the SWF file. It does the PDF conversion all right with ordinary images. It will load the SWF otherwise.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Error message for Batch Conversion

Here is the error message I get.

Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL1.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL1.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL2.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL2.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL3.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL3.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL3a.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL3a.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL4.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL4.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL5.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL5.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL6.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL6.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL7.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL7.swf
        Converting image: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL8.swf
        Error! Can't load: C:\Documents and Settings\oj866a\Desktop\Components\PDSCL8.swf

9 Files - Errors: 9, Warnings: 0

Comment

To answer your first message: You're right, it would. But which frame should IV convert to PDF? The first (often black) or the last? Or some frame in between? The error message tells you enough. By making a screenshot you produce one frame (an image) and images can be converted to a PDF. So lucky there's nothing wrong with the plugin.
          Last edited by Sjef; 13.07.2007, 05:09 PM.

Comment

The Flash files I'm using are single page files. They were created to be used in a web-based training module that we also want to use in the classroom. The problem is our classroom presentation software can't read the SWF files, it only reads PDF or PowerPoint.

That's why I need to do the conversion. The process I used before works, being able to use the batch feature would just make it a bit faster.

Thanks

Comment

Could you send us an example of your SWF files? Maybe we can work this out.

Comment

i also have the same problem

I'm trying to batch convert swf files to tif/jpg/gif files and I also get the same error message.
                The swf files have only one frame, which is a some kind of a draw.
                I can open the files manualy with irfanView but when I'm trying to conver them I get this error.
                What should i do?

Thanks.

Attached: example of the swf file. I have change the extension to .txt so i could uploaded it.
                Attached Files

Comment

It simply can not be done with Flash. You can get the best quality by using PDF printer, but you have to open the files one by one.

Flash sucks. It is not an image format, and it shouldn't be used for images.
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
                  X