Mark or draw on image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark or draw on image

How do I mark or draw on an image in an Irfanview window? For example, if I want to draw a circle around a part of the image and save the image including the circled part, what do I do?
    Last edited by poorjim; 04.07.2007, 01:33 AM.

Quite peculiar this.
    First you place this same question in the MF dept here, registered as member mod/ deleted email address asking to rename your id to 'jcimarron'. Now you're 'poorjim'. But I must admit, the thread is posted in the right forum.
    So for the actual question :
    No other selection but rectangular is possible within IV.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.07.2007, 05:53 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Aha, so that was why I had a problem with this topic, its "ownership" was in a state of flux.

The quickest way to mark a small area is to select that part of the image that you want to contain the mark or label, copy, paste into MS Paint, do the marking, copy and paste back into IrfanView. You have to make sure the selection remains to paste back into. It's faster than loading Photoshop
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yes, there was a privacy problem when I first posted this thread here. The only solution the moderators could come up with was to move it to the moderator forum. It was suggested I repost here using a different username, password, etc.
        Thank you for the answer to my question. I do not feel so bad that I could not "find" it on my own.

Comment

2 Bhikkhu Pesala
          Thanks for correcting my careless reply.

2 poorjim
          Indeed paint progs can make this kind of selection.
          As long as a circle is concerned, there's a workaround with IV by using a 'spotlight' 8bf plugin, using a sharp border of the spot, giving the interior the normal intensity and the exterior a zero value.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That will make a circular frame, but it doesn't create a circle mark around one part within the image. Nice hack though. We do need a tips-n-trix area!
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
            X