Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.mov in Irfnaview slideshow exe

Hello.

Is it possible to include a .mov in an irfanview slideshow? The slideshow is being compiled as a .exe for use on a cd, when I try to play the .exe on my local machine it comes up with a warning that the current file can't be displayed on the mci device. Is there any way to gte the .mov to play as part of the slideshow?

Thanks.

Yes! Notice the formats in the file types box in the Slideshow dialog.

Comment

Hiya thanks for replying

Once I have included the .mov file in the slideshow and exported it as a .exe it comes up with the previously mentioned warning. It works correctly in preview mode though.

Comment

Hmm.. Concerning the slideshow, there has been more threads about this behaviour.
        Preview works fine, but the executable fails.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

IrfanView does not play any video files by itself. Windows must have the required codecs installed. But it won't work with MP4/MOV usually at all. The existance of "support" for all those various video formats in IV only creates confusion.

I recall once being able to play all directshow stuff via MCI control (the Total Commander's lister view), even WMA. The capability quickly disappeared though. All of this does not matter for slideshow exe, because it must be standalone by definition. Bottom line: MOV doesn't work.

Comment

Ok thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Clare.

Comment

I agree with j7n about the claims of IV 'support' giving confusion.
              Tricky formats, depending on local existing codecs, should be removed from the ability-list, imo.
              And, on the other hand, including a movie in something which is called a slideshow is a bit odd too..
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Slideshow with MOV

IrfanView may not show MOV from an EXE file, but it DOES view slideshows with a MOV file in it. This fact, together with the fact that IrfanView shows the images ‘as they are’ without any blurring (as most slideshow programs do) I prefere slideshows from IV, including ones that have MOV files in it. To start them you use IV, which program runs ‘portable’ too. So no need to install it when viewing your slideshows on other systems. Of course j7n is right, you have to install some kind of MOV playing ability.

Comment

Working...
                X