v4.20 multicore crash issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.20 multicore crash issue

This was reported as fixed in the new version (4.20), but I see no improvement and the program is practically useless on a dual (or quad) core machine. It works fine on my laptop but it is a little perplexing to see that this is still a issue. Has anyone had any luck in finding a fix, workaround, solution?

Thanks~

Hi bflo2000,

I am using ver 4.20 on a dual core since three days without any crash.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
      Hi bflo2000,

I am using ver 4.20 on a dual core since three days without any crash.

Laurent
      Me too. I have deliberately thrashed it hard and had no crashes at all in 4.20. In 4.10 I would have had dozens by now. During the discussions we had on the previous thread I did sometimes get the impression that some were experiencing a different fault though.

Comment

I have the very same crash issue with 4.2 as I do with 4.1, again only on a dual core processor. Not all dual cores are effected from what I can tell. The older Dual Core (820) are fine, but the newer core duo 2 (T7200 and T7500) all throw the 0xc000007b error when either the application is started or a linked image file is double clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by vondie View Post
          I have the very same crash issue with 4.2 as I do with 4.1, again only on a dual core processor. Not all dual cores are effected from what I can tell. The older Dual Core (820) are fine, but the newer core duo 2 (T7200 and T7500) all throw the 0xc000007b error when either the application is started or a linked image file is double clicked.
          The problem most of us had prior to v4.20 was not an "application failed to initialize message". AFAIK when you double click on an image file in Thumbnails you are not starting another application, just another window of the single application i_view32.exe. As I said previously though, I always suspected that there was more than one problem around. I am grateful that Irfan seems to have solved mine (on both of my dual processors).

Comment

Working...
          X