IV 4.00 Missing Video Slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV 4.00 Missing Video Slider

I noticed that the video controls are missing from IrfanVeiw 4.00 when playing any kind of video. I've been using IrfanView for many years and am an experienced user but I can't seem to find any way to turn them on.

Can't confirm this. The slider is there. At least if not in fullscreen mode.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I figured it out ...

I am not in fullscreen mode and I have the "hide" option unchecked.

It happens when I use the "internal video/sound" settings with "DirectShow". If I turn DirectShow off, the slider controls return. Also FYI, with DirectShow on, the right click context menu is also nonfunctional. Everything resolves with DirectShow off. It looks like a bug in the DirectShow interface.

BTW, I use WinXP Pro.

Thanks for your help!
      Last edited by muvariant; 06.07.2007, 08:16 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Another sighting so to speak ...

I noticed that even with DirectShow turned off, if you ran a video at double size, and that was bigger than the IrfanView window, the video would clip (which I've considered normal operation) and the controls were again missing. By reseting the size to 1:1 the controls reappeared.

I have no idea what this means ... but I thought you should know.

- Thanks.

Comment

I am also missing slider using DirectShow

With DirectShow enabled, I also do not see the video slider toolbar.

I can't turn DirectShow off, because I use Irfanview to view videos taken on my digital camera. Without DS on, these videos will not play.

It would be very handy to have the control slider for these videos!

Thanks!

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X