Disorienting image attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disorienting image attachments

I find the current way how Vbulletin displays attached images disorienting. For example this thread, post 7. When I click on the thumbnail, a full size picture appears. But not on its own page. Instead the thread view is blackened using JavaScript.

After viewing the graphic, my first reaction is to press Back, since it would seem that an entirely new window has opened. Also, if I scroll up or down (such as when accidentally touching the mouse wheel), the picture disappears.

What do others think about this issue?

Yes. This Javascript sucks. Just open the attachment in a new tab and then we know how it will behave.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'm laughing now -- I always open an attachment in a new tab, I never knew it did that! But I've used a similar script myself, so I know to click the X (or anywhere outside the image)

It's better when a transparent background is used, so you can see the page behind the displayed image. It is supposed to be very cool
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Maybe it looks cool if different websites behave differently. If you've visited the site to see how good the "design" is, then its fine. But I think with the unique design quirks, the usability of a site falls. Web forums are all quite similar and therefore easy to navigate. Custom 'guestbooks' on the other hand are not.

Thank god that rightclick works properly.

Comment

Working...
        X