Name the install file irfanview(ver#)_setup.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Name the install file irfanview(ver#)_setup.exe

Simple request: Name the installation exe file irfanview(ver#)_setup.exe - eg irfanview400_setup.exe, since irfanview is the program's name. (What is iview, for example?) This would make it easier for us to find the program when we search our PC or downloads (we're likely to search irfanview, not iview).

Sure, we can rename the file ourselves, but apart from being a slight pain, it could be done once - right at the source. Anyway, it's a small request and easy to do.

You can't expect everybody will fill requests like this. And different people have different preferences for filenames. If you want your archive easily searchable, just touch that F2 button and type whatever filename you want. It is many times easier than registering and typing at a forum.

Most of the content from WWW comes back as a complete mess, because the authors really expect you to return to that webpage. Some even prohibit you to pass around the downloads, with red big license-like text. Allright, Irfan devteam might grant this request, but it won't replace Rename, Move and Pack commands.
    Last edited by j7n; 05.07.2007, 02:14 PM.

Comment

(What is iview, for example?)
      An abbreviation maybe ?
      Sometimes I even use 'IV' in a conversation or make a file called 'iv-options'. Quite efficient and I know what it's about.

Small or easy, this is a contradictionary request, because it's about renaming the setup executable, while it's also about finding the program after installation on the system. Two different things. The setupfile is a single event, so why bother about renaming ? While the program file on the system will have a different name anyway.

I can't understand that one doesn't know where an application is, after one has installed it, so a search is needed, but apart from that. This is a request to have to type in 4 more characters to do a search to the program.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X