Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IrfanViewUpdTo 4.20-Do I need plugins ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanViewUpdTo 4.20-Do I need plugins ???

Hi

I still got v3.97 on my W2K-PC, ready to install 4.2.0.

In Faqs they say one should override the old version. My experience is that old versions better be uninstalled before installation of new version - what is your comment

Since I only want to watch GIF, JPG, BMP - also animated ones , and use them in WORD - here my question:
    do I really need the whole plugin.exe-"bundle" or which plugin do I need
    Please put the Link in here for the plugin which I need.

Thank you ever so much for help.
    henriette

P.S.: Will the size be bigger with all plugins in "Software" ???

Deutsch:
    ich habe noch v3.97 auf meinem PC (W2K), will 4.20 installieren.

In den FAQs steht, dass man drüberinstallieren soll über die alte version. Meine Erfahrung ist, dass man besser vorher die alte Version deinstalliert vor der Installation einer neuen Version - wie ist Euer Kommentar hierzu ???

Da ich nur GIF, JPG, BMP, auch animierte ansehen will und in WORD evtl. einfügen (Brief etc.), hier meine 2. Frage:
    brauche ich wirklich das gesamte plugin.exe-"Bündel" oder welches plugin brauche ich ???

Wird durch die gesamten Plugins die Software grösser ???

Bin dankbarst für jede Hilfe
    henriette
    Last edited by henriette; 28.07.2008, 11:55 AM. Reason: Deutsche Übersetzung

You don't need any of the plugins for what you want to do. The Paint.dll plugin can be downloaded separately (see my sig). That's the most useful one. Riot.dll is used to optimise images for the web. Plugins go in the plugins folder, which is in C:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins\ by default.

Update existing installations to retain previously saved options and settings. Uninstall, remove the folder, and do a clean install to make sure you start with the default settings.

Also worthwhile installing some of the Toolbar skins.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.07.2008, 01:08 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hiya

thank you ever sooo much for your detailed help, info and the link.

Best regards
      henriette

Comment

Working...
      X