Scrolling Japanese Folders is Erratic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling Japanese Folders is Erratic

I'm getting even more weird errors with the Unicode support that's making me want to tear my hair out.

While MOST of the image folders with Japanese unicode names seem to work fine and I can scroll through the images in those folders fine... SOME of the folders seem to randomly just "jump out" of the folder into the next directory when I hit the space key (instead of jumping to the next image in the folder like it's supposed to).

I've been messing around and experimenting... it seems to be somewhat random what it messes up on... I've noticed that directories mostly behave if some non-unicode western fonts are included... If I add let's say an underscore mark to the end of a folder name it solves the problem...

However, that's not to say that folders without western characters don't always work.... some directories typed out entirely in Kanji are fine ... others aren't (one test I did was to name folders with certain Kanji to see what would work... a folders named "人" and "写真" worked fine but ones I named "私" and "画像" didn't)... same with things in all Katakana or Hiragana characters... some work others do the whole "let's jump to the parent-folder" crap.

let's say this... you guys get Unicode support working fully with Irfanview... no crappy bugs like this... and yeah... I'll donate $$ to y'all for sure!

I know it's hard work (and it's appreciated, what you've done)... but if you want this to be useful to a modern world of people who are rapidly becoming more international in focus... full unicode support is ESSENTIAL!

If you want bugs to be fixed, you need to help by identifying them properly. It is rare indeed for computers to behave randomly. Try to find out exactly under what circumstances scrolling jumps to the next folder instead of the next image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X