batch options nor working for power user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed batch options nor working for power user

I've just installed Iv4 via the admin logon and installed it for all users. Although Iv4 behaves as it should for the administrator, I'm having problems with options for batch conversions as a power user.

For example, the re-naming template cannot be changed. The directory to which they'll be converted/renamed/saved cannot be changed. Except for the fact that it now saves files to that last used by the administrator, files will sometimes be saved to the users' desktop instead of into the directory assigned.

I've uninstalled v4, and re-installed v3.98, and it behaves the same way.

Should I change the permissions on the installation directory, and/or any file?

TIA
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 04:15 PM.

It might be best not to install it in Program Files, unless you want to change permissions for that whole directory. I had no idea what a problem this could be until I got into this forum, because I have a long-standing policy of installing anywhere but the default unless absolutely necessary lol
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yeah, things have become worse since XP and more with Vista concerning user rights. So I don't use them.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by rarewolf View Post
        Should I change the permissions on the installation directory, and/or any file?
        Changing the permissions for the subdirectory of "Program Files" in which IV was installed did remedy this problem.

Comment

Installation of Windows-applications is supposed to do in the Program Files dir. I agree with matera and I always install my programs on a different partition with exception of anti-virus progs. That was the case in Windows version 2 and will be in Vista.

Comment

Working...
          X