Shortcuts not working in internal video player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcuts not working in internal video player

Why don't the shortcuts work that appear in the menu/submenus when you right click in the internal video player?

For example, to view double size, Ctrl+2 doesn't do anything. Why are these shortcuts disabled?

Here are my settings:

BTW, the commands in the shortcut menus and submenus all work. It is just their shortcut keys don't. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.08.2008, 11:12 PM.

Originally posted by Skippybox
    BTW, the commands in the shortcut menus and submenus all work. It is just their shortcut keys don't. Any ideas?
    In fact shortcut key´s for video never worked for me in any irfanview version, i remember this bug in 2.72 version maybe early....

Comment

Why so long?

Originally posted by clarf View Post
      In fact shortcut key´s for video never worked for me in any irfanview version, i remember this bug in 2.72 version maybe early....
      Does this mean that this problem won't be fixed? Are the shortcuts from something else, thus non-functionable? Surely someone must know.

Comment

Video Supported?

Isn't the IrfanView internal video player supported since it isn't a plug-in or dependent on one?

Comment

A bug or not?

Does this mean that this has already been reported as a bug? Should I report it or is it not one? Perhaps a moderator remembers or knows?

Do others experience this?

Comment

Why no posts???

This thread seems like its being ignored. Doesn't anybody have any input? What is the problem?

Comment

Confirmation or follow up?

I'm still waiting for a moderator to confirm this behavior. Do you need any more information?

Comment

I also find that Ctrl C or Edit Copy seems not to work at times.....

I would normally copy and paste elsewhere.....seems I must save (at times) and then copy from the saved location....

Comment

It might help to know what kind of video you're watching — though I can confirm that it doesn't work with a wmv file. AVI files don't even show a picture.

I don't use IrfanView for multimedia — it is an Image Viewer — use VLC Media Player or similar to view multi-media.

To be frank, fixing such bugs is a waste of time. Just remove the video and audio capabilities of IrfanView and concentrate on what it does best. A Jack of all trades is master of none.
                  Attached Files
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                    This thread seems like its being ignored. Doesn't anybody have any input? What is the problem?
                    Skippybox, you should report it as a old bug. It could be a feature never implemented or just rest of a no wanted video feature. Who knows???

Comment

Already reported it!

Thanks clarf! I actually did report it as a bug about three days ago.

It could be a feature never implemented or just rest of a no wanted video feature.
                      I know what you mean. Many people don't seem to like IrfanView for playing videos! They think it should just be an image viewer. I'm happy with its limited video capabilities though, and I just think if it shows shortcuts, they should at least work.
                      Last edited by Skippybox; 15.08.2008, 11:31 PM. Reason: Thread Moved

Comment

What?

I didn't understand your reply Bhikkhu. What are you referring to? What are you showing in your screenshot and what do you mean AVI files don't even show a picture?

I understand that there are better choices for multimedia, but for simple playback of video Irfanview is just fine. I just think the shortcuts should work if they are showing up in a menu. Is that too much to ask for?

Comment

The attachment is what I see when I try to play an AVI file, hence my reason for recommending a multimedia player for this task. I get sound, but no picture, just a piece of whatever happens to be on the screen.

IMO it is too much ta ask an image viewer to work with all kinds of video and audio. Obviously, if one tries to support too many file types, less development time is available to fix bugs and improve the core features. Wouldn't you rather have a really top class image viewer, and use another program for multimedia? I know I would.
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Which problem?

So what you're saying is that you can't even get an AVI file to play to even begin to try any of IrfanView's features? I have no problem with AVI. You did however confirm that the shortcuts, or at least Ctrl+2 doesn't work with a WMV file? I'm not sure if you were talking about the Copy command mentioned by willgoss.

Originally posted by willgoss View Post
                            I also find that Ctrl C or Edit Copy seems not to work at times.....

I would normally copy and paste elsewhere.....seems I must save (at times) and then copy from the saved location....
                            Last edited by Skippybox; 27.08.2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                              The attachment is what I see when I try to play an AVI file, hence my reason for recommending a multimedia player for this task. I get sound, but no picture, just a piece of whatever happens to be on the screen.
                              Does using DirectShow, play your problematic AVI? If it did though, you unfortunately wouldn't be able to get a context menu to try a shortcut.

Comment

Working...
                              X