Center Mouse Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Center Mouse Key

Currently, the center mouse key will return to the normal screen mode from the full screen mode.

I'd like to see this mouse key function like the Enter key on the keyboard and toggle either way.

I think your mouse driver has a say in this. I know that my center mouse button does not do as you say.
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Center key = PUSH on the scroll wheel.

A long time ago ....
      I used to change my mouse drivers so I could program the Center key to function as Enter .
      So I could toggle the viewing mode without reaching for the keyboard.
      Then I got a Laptop and couldn’t find a way to program its mouse .. when connected.

So – I asked Irfan to add this … and he did .. but only half way.
      The procedure I use now .. 2 Click on the image to get to Full screen.
      Push on the Scroll wheel to return to Norman mode.

It’s worked this way on all my computers ever since.
      Sometimes I forget where I am .. And one procedure would be nice in my old age :-)
      Just thought I'd ask again.

Yours doesn't work this way ??

Comment

Nah, I have a MS IntelliMouse Explorer, with the IntelliMouse mouse driver. I could select one of over 30 functions with that center click.

The default function is something they call "Instant Viewer" which is a sort of Task Switcher. It shows mini-views of all the open applications. As you then place the mouse over any one of those mini-views that view gets a bit larger. Then clicking on that view brings it up to the forefront.

Comment

Sounds like your IntelliMouse mouse driver is messing up the “Normal” operation of the Mouse.
          I’ve installed Irfanview on many computers and demonstrated it.
          Never seen where the Center mouse key has failed.

Comment

The mouse driver is not messing up the normal operation. The driver is the first thing to see an operation of the mouse click. It is the driver that is giving me the operation I choose it to. If I want to just pass the mouse-click through, then IrfanView (or whatever application I am in at the time) can then see and interpret the action to whatever IrfanView is to do with the action.

I choose to have my center mouse click to do what I have defined, to display the "Instant Viewer"

I only brought up my point because many featured mice do have special drivers that give the user special features of those mouse clicks, which are followed before any application sees the action. A featured mouse would be like a mouse with extra keys, like mine has. I have 5 buttons.

Prior to the Windows having expectations of these other buttons (like back in the Win98 days), those extra buttons would do nothing. If the user wanted to use those extra buttons they then had to load in that manufacturer's special mouse driver.

It is now different, since Windows comes with a default mouse driver and it has provision for a few extra buttons. Most times, those fourth and fifth buttons are defined (in the default Windows mouse driver) to just do a "Back" and "Forward" action in the Internet Explorer. And I can do that too, of my choosing. With the use of the special mouse driver, I can make those same mouse actions do any of several dozen different things - even launch a defined webpage or application.

If I had no special mouse driver, then the default mouse driver, that Windows has, would be there, and do whatever the application has for that action.

Now, you started off this thread with a wish:
            Originally posted by Noyb
            Currently, the center mouse key will return to the normal screen mode from the full screen mode.

I'd like to see this mouse key function like the Enter key on the keyboard and toggle either way.
            I can already do that. I can define the center mouse click to be the same as pressing the "Enter" key. I just tried it, and it works fine. I changed it back, though. I like my previous definition better, to display the "Instant Viewer"

My comment was only mentioning that your current situation, with your mouse driver (it may be Window's default - or one you have loaded), does the action you stated. That same action may not be with many of the other people here. It all depends upon their mouse driver.

Comment

Working...
            X