Why is there still a Redirect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there still a Redirect?

Every time I select the Forum link from the main IrfanView home page, I get a redirection saying:
    "You will be redirected to the our new forum
    Click here if your browser does not support redirection!

Or visit the old forum here (readonly)
    "

(Shouldn't there be a period after the end of the first sentence? after the word forum? Is "readonly" a real word?)

Why? Isn't it about time we got directed to the correct site, without needing a 2nd redirect?
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

I suggest to stop experimenting with bulletin board engines and concentrate on the discussion. Let's hope the current forum will remain as it is for many months.

Comment

And why not bookmark the direct URL to the forum ? No redirections whatsoever..
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        I suggest to stop experimenting with bulletin board engines and concentrate on the discussion. Let's hope the current forum will remain as it is for many months.
        What are you talking about? what "bulletin board engines"? Who is talking about changing the forum? I am talking about a link from the home page of IrfanView to the forum.
        Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
        And why not bookmark the direct URL to the forum ? No redirections whatsoever..
        and why are you suggesting that? Sure I could, and I'm not saying I don't already , have a link already to the correct site. But what is already there, on the IV homepage, is wrong.

What I am talking about is the link on the IrfanView home page that has the link right to "http://irfanview-online.de/" which is no longer in use. It would be a simple edit to the home page to make the link correct. Even the correct language selection (German or English) could be avoided with the simple utilization of a cookie, where once the selection is made, it is remembered.

Geeze, are you guys so stuck in your ways that you either need to harpoon a problem you THINK exists, or need to find a work-a-round, where only a simple fix is all that is needed?

Comment

I meant that if the administrator wouldn't had migrated from phpbb to vbulletin, this problem would not exist. And I hope we don't get yet another new forum in the future.

I agree with you that the redirect page should be removed. Perhaps a small <a> somewhere on this board could link to the old archived posts. And the simulated Vista dialog box is still there!

Comment

Relax. Of course some dead or fuzzy link in the IV environment should be corrected.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

i am going to remove the redirection link in the next days...
              (BTW: it´s only an index.html)

For discussions about forum software, please start a new thread

steve

Comment

Looks like you got it resolved. THANKS!

Comment

And now the same problem has returned ... what changed?

Comment

Working...
                  X