ignore certain file types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignore certain file types

Is there a way to have irfanview view only certain file types, like the default Windows viewer does?

I have a large directory of pdf files and images. The images are the same names as the pdf files (so they are mixed together), but I only want to view the images, not the pdf files. Irfanview will give me an error as soon as it hits the pdf file, not go on to the next jpeg. I don't WANT it to show the pdf file, I want it to go on to the next jpeg as if the pdf file didn't exist.

Options menu, Properties, Extensions, Load Custom File Types

Edit: Corrected my post for benefit of others searching for this.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.07.2007, 06:32 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Excellent, that's exactly what I needed. (It's actually on the preferences menu, rather than tools - but once I had the keyword I found it in the help file.)

I don't know why ACDSee doesn't have this kind of feature in their most expensive package. There are people asking for it on their support forum and they're being blown off.

Comment

Working...
      X