Open/save dialog add-on problem, unicode plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/save dialog add-on problem, unicode plugin

I use a small "helper" called Quick Folders that adds a button and a menu of recently used folders to open and save dialogs. It saves me massive amounts of time and aggravation. Until recently, the only problem I had seen with it and IrfanView was that when IV had just opened, the first open/save dialog always had the little button displaced and invisible. I had to hover to locate it.

Recently I have found that using Quick Folders makes IV suddenly vanish! This did not start immediately with v.4.2, so I decided to check other variables. What I have observed now is that loading the Unicode plugin is what causes the weird interaction problem.

This is more of a QuickFolders bug than an IV bug, but I thought I should report it in case there are problems with similar add-on software. I am looking for a replacement for QF right now because I have become dependent on it and I expect to see more problems in the future. So far, I need QF more than I need Unicode support, so I will not load the plugin unless I have to handle an odd file.

ETA: Direct Folders is my solution. It causes no problems with IrfanView, and has some other features that are very handy, like setting the dialog's size and view . . . now where was that thread . . .
    Last edited by matera; 14.08.2008, 02:23 AM.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes
Working...
X