Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView-‘compatible’ MediaPlayer

Hi there,
    Discovered of a very nice free MediaPlayer: KMPlayer. This is the first Player I experienced after which I uninstalled my codec pack. KMPlayer needs no extra codecs to support all modern video formats, like ASF, AVI, DIVX, XVID, FLV, MOV, MP3, MPG, SWF, MID, WAV, WMA and WMV. Except AIF, RAM and INDEO. When this program is installed, IrfanView will view them too, except for some weird AVI files, whom allways are a little difficult because they are properly containers for all sorts of video formats. But for general use: no further codecs needed. Read all about it (and users opinions) here: http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/

KMPlayer is just another codec pack. Perhaps one of the best, but a codec pack nonetheless.

Comment

I know. That's why I wrote: no further codecs needed...

Comment

Hm.. I should have been more alert. I'm using this player for more than 6 months now, and it became my default video-player at once.
        First mainly because I wanted to avoid bulky Real and QT things. And the ability to play a FLV tube.
        So I should have posted this. Nice work Sjef.
        The program also has the option to add plugins, and skins, as usual.

BTW : If one wants to know which codecs are on the system, check it with the Codec detective : Sherlock.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

codecs

6 months? I first heard about it a week ago Indeed, no QT things! Sherlock is a nice one. VideoInspector is the one I use now for quite a while.

Comment

Looks nice. I like analyzers. Maybe this one can tell why AVI's nowadays sometimes don't work.
            6 months is maybe not enough to get KMPlayer under control. It has a huge number of menu's and submenu's with a lot of options.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

A true word Sam. It made me dizzy. Video is not my main hobby, but with KMPlayer you proper have three advantages in one program. For general use there are no further codecs needed, so all (most) codec packs can be uninstalled, it plays and also records from CD/DVD. Audio as well as video.

Comment

Working...
              X