Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnails Crash

Hello, I'm new user of Irfan View.
    I installed IrfanView 4 with plugin pack on a laptop NX 9420 T5600 under Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    When I use IrfanView Thumbnails, it works but sometime deasapers.
    I tried different way. I go slowly. But sometimes when you click on a folder, IrfanView leaves.
    I noticed that this occurs more easy on a folder you never explore.
    I read the different threads, but I don't find a solution...

Hi,

welcome here

Try that:

steve

Comment

Sorry Steve, I posted this message without having read your answer

Hi there! I never have encountered such a strange error in IrfanView. IV is a very stable program and I suppose it must be something outside IV. To determine or identify the fault, uninstall IV (be sure the i_view32.ini file is deleted), restart your system and re-install IV without the plugins and without setting any options. If IV than disbehaves like before you know it's not the plugins. I know this little story is'nt solving your problem, but this is the first thing that came in my mind. However, it reduces the problem, because it's only IV that is running now
      It's very possible that a lot of users of this forum will ask you more detailed questions. For instance is your laptop part of a network?
      Last edited by Sjef; 08.07.2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

I uninstalled Irfanview and installed it, with the same result. The problem was not the plugins.

But I remember I found a strange problem months ago on another laptop and another software.

I uninstalled StyleXp and now IrfanView Thumbnails works fine.

It doesn't crash any more

If this thread can help another...

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your detailed describtion ! That will help a lot´s of other users with the same thumbnail problem, i guess ... (i´m not using any dual core cpu, so i can´t test it ...)

steve

Comment

Oups ! Sorry, I spoke to fast.

The Thumbnails continue to crash on my dual-core laptop.
            I installed IfanView on a "new" windows xp with the same result.
            It seems that Thumbnails don't like dual-core laptop.
            This version of Irfanview thumbnails works perfectly on my other laptop with "old" Pentium-M

Comment

Thumbnail Crash

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I really enjoy the IrfanView product and tell many of my photographer friends and associates.

Anyway, I am encountering a similar issue. In Windows XP Pro/Media Center, when I first attempt to open a folder using the thumbnail viewer, it bombs. If I simply navigate right back to the same folder, the thumbnails load fine.

I use this feature primarily for the awesome automatic lossless JPG rotation.

If there is a simple fix for this minor nuisance, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
              CCG

Comment

Working...
              X