Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Canvas Colours Not Saved

Sorry if it's featured before...

I adorn all my images with a fine double border in two hues: black and light grey. For that, I mark in canvas size the standard light-grey option (colour value '119'), but I make it lighter by moving up the scroll arrow on the right, up to the value '240'.

I tried to save this shade by clicking 'add to adapted colours'. It does turn up in the viewing column 'adapted colours', but when I re-open the canvas tool, the adaptive is no longer there on display, and I have to do the adjustment all over again. Bothersome, as the scroll arrow does not settle easy on a specific value (it often misses the exact 240 range by a hair), so it would be nice if I had a prepared 240 hue permanently in the adaption display viewer...well, how do I do this?

I don't have an easy solution...but you can type in the color numbers in the color picking dialog instead of using the sliders. So if you record the numbers that you need somewhere, you will always be able to match the exact shade. I have had to use this workaround in other programs.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Matera, I'd have to type in '240' three times in a row: for red, for green and for blue. That takes longer than moving and positioning the slider.
      What nags me, is this 'adapted colours' display. You can store your colour shade there. But you can't do anything with it, it's an otherwise useless option.
      Perhaps an item for the next upgrade?

Comment

This clearly looks like a bug to me. As you say, the option is useless.

When adding a custom colour from Properties, Viewing, Main Window Colour, the custom colours are saved.

Reported as Issue 62
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.08.2008, 06:32 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I've just annulled I-view and reinstalled the upgrade, but it makes no difference. The custom colour bar does not save custom colours.
          My bad luck, I'm probably the only one in the world who wants an extra border in that specific shade of light grey...

Comment

You could work around it meanwhile by using the flood fill tool from IrfanPaint.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You don't have to type in, paste. There are free clipboard enhancement tools that will hold things like that, to paste with one click or a hot key. I hesitate to recommend any particular one, since a tool has to fit the user's hand (so to speak).

Using the flood fill would be tedious too
              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Flood fill, clipboard...sigh. It would be so much easier to have a canvas display with a prefixed hue. Just 1 click and an OK.
                And the option is there! Well, guess I'll have to live with it.

Comment

Would be nice. . . sigh-x-2

an afterthought -- you could use more than one INI file, since at least the one last color is saved in it.
                  Last edited by matera; 21.08.2008, 02:07 AM.
                  ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Sorry for the late reply (found this when deleting unused shortcuts ). I decided to skip colour shades altogether and just use the standard light grey. Much easier, much, much quicker this way...

Comment

Working...
                    X