X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.20 /batchscan option and i_view32.exe hang

Hello,

I'm using Irfanview to scan some multipage documents and when I do :
    i_view32.exe /scanhidden /batchscan=(myfile,1,1,2,1,c:\temp,tif,1)

it scans, it fills "myfile.tif" with the document but then i_view32.exe never quits. It stays in the process list.

I use Irfanview v4.20

Is this a bug or a feature ?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by me255; 18.08.2008, 10:56 AM.

It looks like a bug, me255. Or the command isn't the way it's suppost to be. I don't know, I ever use my scannerdriver/interface to scan.

When I scan using your command (version 4.20) it scans ones, but the second time the Twain source can't be opened. Only after a reboot of the system all is well again. I tried the same thing on version 4.0 and the same thing happend. I remember, in the past (don't remember which version) I often used the ‘Copy shop’ of IrfanView and never had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
      When I scan using your command (version 4.20) it scans ones, but the second time the Twain source can't be opened.
      Exactly the same problem !
      If you check the process list, you should see i_view32.exe is still active

Comment

Scan with command

Yes, I checked the process list and IrfanView is still active, but this seems not to be the course of the error message. I checked your command with version 3.70 and there IrfanView also keeps active but it scans without any problem. Try the attachment (no install needed). If this is working for you, it must be a bug in younger versions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sjef,

I tried the provided Irfanview and it works, I can scan many times.

Though it doesn't support batchscan...

Comment

Batch scanning

Hi me255,

I have tried your command on several versions untill I discovered, that there's one parameter to many in your command. It's eighter a job of hidden scanning (ones at a time without the driver-interface popping up) or batch scanning (but with the twain-driver on screen to enter the next scan). So your command should have been:
            /batchscan=(myfile,1,1,2,1,c:\temp,tif,1)
            This command works fine in 4.20

Comment

Thanks for the answer Sjef

I use Irfanview in a script and I don't want the TWAIN window to come up.
              So I guess I have to come with another solution...

Thank you anyway fo your help

Comment

Originally posted by me255 View Post
                Thanks for the answer Sjef

I use Irfanview in a script and I don't want the TWAIN window to come up.
                So I guess I have to come with another solution...

Thank you anyway fo your help

Sorry for the lateness, I've found this workaround if you have a 32-bit windows (newer than 98/ME):

start /WAIT i_view32.exe /one /scanhidden /convert=c:\temp\image.bmp

Probably /one isn't needed, actually.
                That's working for my script, under version 4.20, but as you see you have to handle naming scheme by yourself inside the script.
                Anyway, for serialized scanning I recommend VueScan, which has much lower overhead times, thus resulting in higher scan rates; it's not scriptable and has a much higher memory footprint, though.

Now I'd like to set scan area, color depth and the likes from my batch. I mean, at scantime, NOT in postprocessing. Any suggestion?

Regards.

Comment

Working...
                X