Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: error of Video not available

I downloaded IrfanView version 4.20 and irfanview_plugins_420_setup

and I still get an error of Video not available, cannot find 'Vids:mjpg' decompressor.

AVI (Microsoft Video for Windows movie)

But another clip from 2004 format .mpg plays

They are from 2004, 19.5 MB (20,460,840 bytes) and 1.47 MB (1,542,148 bytes) in size, and MPG Files

The movies from this year are 2.61 MB (2,737,300 bytes), 2.61 MB
    (2,737,300 bytes), 9.48 MB (9,945,574 bytes), 10.4 MB (10,966,882
    bytes) and 9.68 MB (10,154,378 bytes). and AVI Files.

How do I change them to MPG Files?

This is not an IrfanView problem because this graphics viewer simply calls the Windows Media Player to render the video. Can Media Player read this file type?

You need a Motion JPEG decompressor. The ffdshow video decoder has one.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
      This is not an IrfanView problem because this graphics viewer simply calls the Windows Media Player to render the video. Can Media Player read this file type?

You need a Motion JPEG decompressor. The ffdshow video decoder has one.
      It plays, but I am deaf.

either tell me the where the Motion JPEG decompressor is or to change them to MPG Files.

Comment

Your ability to hear is irrelevant because we're not discussing an audio format. Audio could be anything in those AVI files.

If Media Player already plays your files, open up Irfan's preferences and activate the option Video/Sound -> "Use DirectShow for playing".

If Media Player won't play the AVI files, consider installing ffdshow, and be sure that the box called "MJPEG" is ticked during the installation. This is a big decision because ffdshow will change the way how most videos play on your computer.

You don't want to transcode the files to MPEG, as they will lose much quality in the process.

Comment

Your ability to hear is irrelevant because we're not discussing an audio format. Audio could be anything in those AVI files.

If Media Player already plays your files, open up Irfan's preferences and activate the option Video/Sound -> "Use DirectShow for playing".

If Media Player won't play the AVI files, consider installing ffdshow, and be sure that the box called "MJPEG" is ticked during the installation. This is a big decision because ffdshow will change the way how most videos play on your computer.

You don't want to transcode the files to MPEG, as they will lose much quality in the process.
          It works, "Use DirectShow for playing". Thanks.

I liked the cat you have on your profile, lol

Comment

I found this cat on Google a year ago. The full picture of him:

Comment

I found this cat on Google a year ago. The full picture of him:
              http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9121/1000100pd2.jpg
              lol, Wife really likes the picture. lol

In addition to being deaf, I had a stroke about 10 years ago. Use a scooter to get around on.

Comment

Working...
              X