Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v. 4.20: crash when moving top edge of selected area downward

Hi!

I experience crashes of IrfanView ver. 4.20.
    I can reproduce the problem as follows:
    (1) Enable View -> Display options -> "Fit images to window" option.
    (2) Open an image (I tried many of various sizes).
    (3) Select the whole image using Ctrl-A.
    (4) Try to move the top edge of the selected area downward by dragging the mouse pointer.
    (5) The program crashes.
    The crash may not happen at first attempt, so try to repeat steps (3) and (4).
    Moving any other edge of the selection (except the top edge) never produced a crash.

In the Application Event log the following two errors are logged:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Description:
    Faulting application i_view32.exe, version 4.2.0.0, faulting module i_view32.exe, version 4.2.0.0, fault address 0x0001660c.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Description:
    Fault bucket 882532471.

Sometimes slightly different numbers are logged:
    Faulting application i_view32.exe, version 4.2.0.0, faulting module i_view32.exe, version 4.2.0.0, fault address 0x00016653.
    Fault bucket 847076658.

The reports sent to Microsoft contained the XML data which you can find in the attached ZIP file.
    The system is MS Windows XP Pro. SP3 on a Dell Latitude D510 with the latest video driver available at Dell's site (more details can be seen in the DxDiag.txt file).

-- rpr.
    Attached Files

Ah, that sounds just like what happened to me. I had not selected the whole image, only part of it, but the top of the selection was at the top of the window. I have fit window to image on as my default, and toggle fit to desktop with F. The photo was fitted to desktop when I tried to drag the top down and it crashed. I had thought it was an isolated occurrence, but it is reproduceable. I just did it again, on purpose, with the same kind of partial selection I had used before. It seems to become unstable after several changes are made in the selection and view. The common denominator is that the top of the selection is at the top of the image. My system is different.

One interesting detail -- I can crash it in a few moves with a JPG or a PNG, but it refuses to die with a JP2. I tried a lot!
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Unable to crash it with some images (square and landscape). Easy to crash it with another image (portrait). It seems that the image must be bigger than would fit at 1:1
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.08.2008, 05:06 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Managed to crash it with big images of both portrait and landscape dimensions, but not always. Sometimes the crash happens on a given image, sometimes it does not.

Comment

It takes an uncertain number of maneuvers to make it happen. But if one persists in trying to get that perfect crop... oops
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X