Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JPEG Thumbnails Smaller than Option Setting

hi,

i found jpeg files in thumbnail view are almost always displaying smaller. as i guess it about optimal jpeg decoding. for eg. if thumbnail size is half\quoter\so-on of real image - it's okay.

so, will be great to have feature (in options, for example) to display jpeg exact at thumbnail size.

hope you understand that i talking about,

thankx.

No, I don't understand what you're talking about. Thumbnails display at the size you select in options — 80x80 pixels or whatever. If the original image is not square, then its largest dimension will be 80 pixels and it will be resampled to that size.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

seems it's not like this for jpegs.
      okay, i'll try to explain. let's say we have 600x600.jpg
      it will fill thumb area fully at thumb-sizes 600, 300, 150, etc...
      but for other sizes (with 200 or 350 you can see it clear) it smaller.

Comment

Have you selected Thumnail option, "Stretch small images to thumbnail size"?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

hm... now i really confused, how i can explain...

the images not smaller thumb size. they are several time bigger. for example i have images 600 x 600 Pixels and thumbs-size set to 250 x 250 Pixels.
          the resuilt is small thumb(150x150?) and lot of space around it.

yes, with "Stretch small images to thumbnail size" it stratching this smail image to fill the emptiness. but this is the wrong way, right?

i mean other formats seems have no sutch problem, tiff or png always displayed at thumbnail size.

maybe it need more investigation, maybe it's a bug or so...

Comment

With stretch small images off there seems to be a problem that is noticeable once the thumbnail size is over 150 pixels. Not quite sure what is going on here, but it does seem to be only happening with JPG images.

I have moved the thread to Bug Reports for now at least. Maybe someone can throw some more light on what is happening here.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.08.2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

This has always bothered me too.
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

half-happy i am not alone.
                hope it will bee fixed, as jpeg seems most common format for now...

Comment

Working...
                X