Printing screenshots from 2 screens on one page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing screenshots from 2 screens on one page

I have XP and use 2 monitors for viewing my work. When I take a screen shot and save it into Paint, I can view the data as I originally viewed it from
    both screens at original size in Paint When I try to print the data from
    Paint, Paint seems to compress the data from the top and bottom as well as the sides of the page in order to fit all of the data onto a single sheet of
    paper. I have changed the settings on the Page Setup screen under the
    Orientation, Margins, Centering, and Scaling areas to various different
    settings but can not seem to get the screenshot I have take from both screens to fill up the entire printed page. The result is a printed page with data so small I need to be a mosquito to read it well. How can I use Infraview to do this ? Is there a way alter the settings so I get the desired result? I have sent the file I have saved to show you what it looks like in Paint. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

IrfanView can be instructed to print wide pictures like this in landscape orientation. The print size can be specified as multipliers of the source DPI (it doesn't really matter what the dpi was set to in the source).

I can print your picture on an A4 nicely, selecting Landscape, Scale X 2.80, Scale Y 2.80, Center image.

The picture won't take up the entire page, because it is wider than A4.

I'd also like to add that it is completely wrong to use JPEG format for this kind of material. If you want to bring the graphic from one program on your computer to another, then save to BMP. Or if you want to save it, compress to PNG. If you're dealing with great many screenshots (for example if you're publishing a book about comp. software), turn off the blue WinXP interface and ClearType to greatly increase compressibility of these graphics.
    Last edited by j7n; 31.08.2008, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much! How do I turn off the blue WinXP interface and ClearType to greatly increase compressibility of these graphics?

Comment

Windows Desktop properties, Appearance, and select Windows Classic Theme.

Effects, and uncheck Cleartype.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks! I just slapped my head cause I should have remembered that.

Comment

Just to clarify: I'm not saying that cleartype is inherently bad. I mentioned it only as a means to optimize screenshot quality. The setting is only distantly related to our topic. I hope IrfanView will satisfy your requirements for printing.

Comment

Working...
            X