Remembering slideshow files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering slideshow files

I have just upgraded to Irfanview 4 after using 3.95. Previously when preparing a slideshow if I closed Irfanview and returned to the slideshow later it had retained the list of files and one could modify or add to these. With Version 4, the list is lost. I know I can save the intermediate list as a text file and reload it later, but is there a setting or preference I can set to make Irfanview behave like version 3.95?

Hi Mike! It has to be an option you checked or unchecked. I started IrfanView 4 and prepaired a slideshow (hotkey W). Then I started the show without saving the text file. I stopped the slideshow and furder IV by pressing the Esc-key. Next I restarted IV and pressed W. And see, there was the same slideshow-list again. When I have a problem with IrfanView and it takes too long to find out what coursed it, I delete i_view32.ini and start all over again.

Comment

(Quite a crude solution I must say, but you probably have your reasons)

The difference is that IV renders a file "slideshow.lst" in it's own root dir. No matter if the slideshow is saved as a .txt file on maybe a different location as well, this file contains the content of the latest slideshow being used.
      I didn't made track on the behaviour before exactly, but I remember that with previous versions of IV this "slideshow.lst" file was saved in the system-dir of Windoze.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sander View Post
        ...With Version 4, the list is lost....
        My way of replying to Mike was to 'proof' the file slideshow.lst isn't gone with version 4. It stays in the root of IrfanView 4 like it did in version 3.95. The version you aimed at, was (I believe) 3.25. I assumed Mike had deleted his old IrfanView installation folder, so obviously the old list was not there anymore. To reassure Mike, I replied that 'crude' way, although it wasn't ment to be...

Comment

I was joking a bit.. As a matter of fact, in some circumstances, it's a nice tip to solve some mess.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
          X