Status Bar, zoom value, window resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Bar, zoom value, window resize

When Display Options (Window mode) is set to "Fit images to window" or "Fit only big images to window" and IrfanView window is resized, the zoom value in status bar is not updated.

Refresh (F5) will redraw the zoom field. I don't see much benefit in updating the status field every time the user resizes the Window. If the user zooms then it will be updated as expected. One assumes that if the user is using Fit image to window he is not concerned about maintaining a particular zoom level.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The zoom value does update in v4.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        If the user zooms then it will be updated as expected. One assumes that if the user is using Fit image to window he is not concerned about maintaining a particular zoom level.
        I think that information in status bar must always be correct, even if user is not concerned about maintaining a particular zoom level.

Comment

Status Bar should be correct!

FWIW, I agree with itwisp that the status bar should always be correct. With all the other work that IrfanView has to do to resize a window in "Fit images to window" mode, updating the status bar seems like minimal overhead.

Using F5 is not a good work-around as it also refreshes the thumbnail window and that can take a long time in a big folder.

Comment

You're right!

Comment

Working...
            X