Strange Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Problem

I have version 4.00 of Irfan View and am running Windows XP.

I have been using IF for years now because it's simple, smooth and not a CPU or harddrive hog.

I transferred some 80 or so pics yesterday from my camera and resized them using Irfan View and put them in a folder. The thumbnails are all in color but starting with about the 32nd picture, when I load the full image, the image is in black and white. I read the faq and it said to check under Options, JPG/PCD/GIF and uncheck the box that says load in greyscale. Well that box isn't checked so I couldn't uncheck it.

When I open the picture from the original transfer file before I resized, the pictures are still in full color. But when I resize them and save them to my default folder, they end up being in black and white. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out so any help will be appreciated.

Did you also uncheck "Save as grayscale" in Save As dialog? Click Show options dialog if another box next to the main Save dialog is not visible.

Comment

Error: Photos rendered Black & White

I suspect you may have used batch processing to do resize. If so, then perhaps you had "Use Advanced Options" checked and then had "Convert To Greyscale" also checked in Advanced Options. Unless you really need the advanced options in batch processing, then just uncheck Advanced Options Box. Otherwise just uncheck "Convert To Greyscale" in the advanced options window.

Comment

Working...
      X