• Show
Clear All

some system needed for versions of plugin zips

iv gives plugins as four zip files:
    iv_mmedia.zip
    iv_formats.zip
    iv_effects.zip
    iv_misc.zip

I have downloaded them, but you would be updating them as more plugins are added into them and newer versions of existing plugins are added.

Then, after 6 months or 1 year down the line, people like me would get confused seeing the above four names of zip files in our backup folders and same names at iv download sites.

We need to know whether we have latest ones or you have updated them.

Please visualize some system for marking versions on these zip files also. Update that version whenever you create new zip.

That would be good, to have the IV version number appended to the plugin zip file name.

We can rename them ourselves, of course, once we have them, or keep related files in a folder with the version number or download date as part of its name. At least then we know what we have. I do this with other downloads that I archive. The plugin pack for AkelPad (a great text editor) is an example, I always have to "tag" it.

It could be worse. Every so often I download something that is simply named "install.exe". If I don't rename it before I forget... ROFL
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Maybe I understand the confusion.
      In the history of IrfanView there are too many different formats and files which offer the (recent) plugin-additions.
      Not quite a consistent way of communication.
      Nevertheless, a main rule in this is to synchronize the latest IV version with the latest plugin-package.
      The division of the four categories mentioned by vsrawat and the content, can be debated too.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

As Matera earlier said, some people don't know that there is a rename command.

Personally I rename every single download.

Comment

Working...
        X