Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to set IrfanView to view pic as 25% of size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to set IrfanView to view pic as 25% of size?

I've tried to figure out how to have IrfanView to open a pic with the zoom level of 25% (or another number) of original size. Could anyone please let me know how to do it?

Regards, Lars

From Ye Olde Help - one of those obscure little back pages so far in that I always forget about it, and it could be handy. Thanx for reminding me
    Click on the View Menu, then Lock Zoom.

This option works only if the display option is 'Fit window to image' is used. If checked, the actual zoom factor is saved and used for all new loaded images.

This option is activated only for current session.

Click this option again to deactivate Lock Zoom.
    Only a couple of clicks away
    It doesn't stick if you browse to another folder in the thumb viewer
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Set zoom step to 25% and then press "-" three times.

Comment

Hi petrol,
        You just have to remember one shortcut: Shift+L. It works in 'Fit window to image' as well as in 'Full screen'. So: scale with the minus\plus-key en press Shift+L. This shortcut works per-session. It will not be remembered when you restart IV or when you start a second IV. The (very strong!!) option 'Resample' isn't working in this modus.
        Originally posted by matera View Post
        It doesn't stick if you browse to another folder in the thumb viewer
        With Shift+L it does!

Comment

The (very strong!!) option 'Resample' isn't working in this modus.
          Quite a pity. Why is that, I wonder. Resampling is always better than just Resizing.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

O no!!! Please, mr. Skiljan, if you read this message, please don't consider changing your fantastic resample-routine. There are just a very few viewers that do this job so nicely! Even Photoshop can only show nice pixels at the 100% modus. IV is one of the few programs that comes closest to the 100% view in Fullscreen\Resampled. This is the main reason I use IrfanView. The next main reasons are the 'embedding' in Total Commander and, no doubt the fastness. The latter could get in trouble when IV should resample at all scales.

Comment

Working...
            X