Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV Thumbnails crash w/movie thumbnails

Possible BUG with IV Thumbnails when openning movies folders:

When opening folders of short movies [.mpg/.wmv/.avi] taken on the internet. While in the process of displaying the thumbnails, IV crash middway each time. Message:

"IrfanView has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Each folder contains over 50 movies of mix formats. The average size is about 90~110 MB per folder. The Machine is a Pentium VI with 1 GB or Ram.

Is there a limitation with IV & the movies? Has anyone experienced this problem.

Thank you

I think I recall some other reports of problems with movies/thumbnails. You can try searching, though it's hard to do without avi and mov as keywords.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks for the imput.

To complet the information, the crashes could occure because of mix (& unusual) codecs for same file extension eg. .avi, or .wmp

I am located in Japan and I had several problems in the past openning videos .avi or .wmp (encoded in JP) with wmp11 (US version), until to switch to a more versatile player.

If any IV user has a large collection of movies (.flv, .mpg, .avi, etc), I'd be interested to know IV crashes when displaying the thumbnails.

Thanks.

Comment

No troubles with media viewing here.
        Exept with Vista Dream Scene MPG files. IrfanView can handle them fine, but the Browser gives a kind of crash-error (OK=shutting down IrfanView). The SWF/FLV (Flash) formats can't be viewed in Browser (Thumbs)mode, when not associated. For the rest it must be the codecs that causing trouble on your system. I still use the KLite codecs and The KM Player (from Korea) to view all kinds of (strange) formats.

Comment

Working...
        X