X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong exe version

Hi I'm getting the following error msg upon installing a .scr screensaver:

Wrong EXE Version!
    This exe is created with a not compatible IRfanView-plugin version.
    Please re-create this EXE using latest IrfanView plugins.

Win2K SP4
    IRfanview 4.00
    Plugins_400

Any ideas??

Thanks much!

I suppose this error msg is IV-based ? What's the case here ? Were you trying to set up the .scr file on the system, or just trying to open the file with IV ?
    I don't do screensavers, so I checked the Help :
    ~~
    You can also save the current slideshow as self running EXE or SCR file (standalone executable/screen saver). First, create and run a slideshow. Now, if all slideshow options work as you wish, click the Save as EXE/SCR file button. The result file is standalone and can be distributed easily. For this feature the PlugIn Slideshow must be installed, which is done at program installation.
    Possible errors during the EXE creation are: the input file can't be loaded or the disk is full (temp folder).

Note: All video/audio files saved in EXE/SCR are played using DirectX or other installed audio drivers/codecs, normal IrfanView PlugIns are not used.
    ~~
    So the focus should be on 'slideshow.exe' I guess.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It must be a size issue. I tried saving it with one picture file and it worked fine.....what is the size limit for a slideshow with photos??

Thanks much!!

Comment

It is no size issue, according to my opinion. I've been making an exe and a scr file from more than 1200 jpg images with an average size of 1280 x 1024 plus a mp3 to add music. No problems came across by runnen them. Even opening the files (373MB) in IrfanView was possible (only the dia-icon was shown of course). I don't know the size limit.
        Your exe problem could be caused by your virusscanner or another running program in the background while making your exe/scr file. Those programs are being shown in MS-Config\StartUp.

Comment

Well, as a test, I successfully made two with only a few files.
          Then tried it with my full list (>2800) pics again with errors. That's why I'm thinking the temp file may be full. Can I change the default size of that file or change the location??

Comment

Well, imo if progs in the StartUp, it's asking for trouble.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

My XP-partition is small (only 8 GB) and so is my RAM (512MB). Although my swapfile stays on another partition. I've copied my IV-install folder to C and I copied 4000 of my images (big ones) to C too. Then I made an exe-diashow within the C partition. IrfanView did the trick without any demur. I ended up with a IV show of 1.5 GB. The only thing that I can criticize about, was: the exe file was there (and working) but not the right 'dia' icon. So... I can't work out your problems with IV producing large diashows. IV comes with his own 'plugin' (Slideshow.exe) so you must have got the right one by IV-installation. You can only change the path of the result, not the 'temp file' you refering to. I keep thinking of troublemakers outside IV.
              Last edited by Sjef; 12.07.2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

What's this thing about the right 'dia-icon' ? What icon, and when and where ?
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

What icon: please look in your IV Plugin folder. There you will see the standard IV-'plugin' Slideshow.exe. This is the dia-icon I'm talking about.
                  When: after one has created a diashow with IV and saved it as an exe of a scr file.
                  Where: after a click on the button 'Save as EXE/SCR file' the dialogbox is shown where one can browse to a folder to save the slideshow.
                  My large 'test'-diashow of 1.5 GB didn't get that dia-icon (see the attachment). You see it's not the same as shell32.dll\1 and I can't figure out from which dll- or exe file it came. I think it must have been given by XP and not by IrfanView. I don't mind as long as the diashow works and it does pretty well.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sjef; 13.07.2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X