Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow Doesn't Stop with Escape

hi,

Slideshow called from thumbnails view doesn´t stop with escape.

I have to stop with ctrl+alt+del
    after that, my start bottom is lost total

please change urgently!!!!!

sorry for my english

clara
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.09.2008, 05:09 AM. Reason: Corrected the English
    ich lasse mich nicht spammen

She's right, a slideshow started through the Thumbnail browser won't stop with Esc.

I managed to stop mine by clicking the thumb button on the taskbar and hitting Esc quickly while the window was showing. It can be scary when something won't respond in a way one has come to expect!

Clara, try Alt + F4 next time. It seems to stop the slideshow all right without messing up anything else.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Middle mouse button will also stop the slideshow.

Stopping with Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't cause any problems.

Reported bug as Issue 66
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.09.2008, 05:15 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I found that I could close the slideshow with Esc if I closed thumbnails first (by pressing Alt+Tab to show them and then Esc quickly, before the next slide).

It looks as though it is having the thumbnails window open that is the problem, rather than launching the show from there. I got a similar problem by opening the thumbnails window and then launching the slideshow to play in a window from the normal dialog box. Without thumbnails open, no problem.

Comment

Corner Click to Quit!

Don't forget a Left button click in the upper left or right screen corner will always close the slideshow.

Comment

Very useful tip, Skippybox, and I see that it even works with a slideshow playing in a window.

Comment

Getting some control back

Originally posted by Mij View Post
              It looks as though it is having the thumbnails window open that is the problem, rather than launching the show from there. I got a similar problem by opening the thumbnails window and then launching the slideshow to play in a window from the normal dialog box. Without thumbnails open, no problem.
              I believe it is some type of focus issue. If you ALT+Tab twice, to give the Thumbnail window focus, then give it back to the slideshow, keyboard functionality is restored. You could also achieve this by pressing ALT+Esc, then Esc, then a Left or Right Click, which seems to restore the keyboard.

Other keys besides Esc can cancel the slideshow once the keyboard is restored, like the Return key. You can also pause a slideshow using the Pause key and resume it using the Return key.

Comment

Tell it who's boss

Pressing key M will minimize a fullscreen slideshow, allowing you to close it.

Comment

Working...
                X