v4.20 External editors inaccessible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.20 External editors inaccessible

Another IrfanView longtime user here, but this time I have a bug to report.

Currently, under the Misc-3 TAB I have all external text editor fields filled out, but none of them are accessible thru Irfanview's menu as all items under the "Open with external editor" are disabled (grayed out), including the main menu-item itself.

I have upgraded from version 4.10 to 4.20 by simply installing the latest .EXE file over the (then) current version.
    I am using "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" as the link to the 1st external editor, Paint.NET.
    This has always worked for me, now it's "broken".

Working System: Win XP SP2 English / E8200 / 3.5Gig available (4x1GB)
    Last edited by Klojum; 15.09.2008, 03:53 AM.

No problems here. Try a clean reinstall.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Klojum View Post
      ... Currently, under the Misc-3 TAB I have all external text editor fields filled out, but none of them are accessible thru Irfanview's menu as all items under the "Open with external editor" are disabled (grayed out), including the main menu-item itself.

I have upgraded from version 4.10 to 4.20 by simply installing the latest .EXE file over the (then) current version.
      I am using "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" as the link to the 1st external editor, Paint.NET.
      This has always worked for me, now it's "broken".

Working System: Win XP SP2 English / E8200 / 3.5Gig available (4x1GB)
      Are you administrator on your machine?
      I have something similar under Vista with IV 4.20: if I am not logged in as Admin I cannot even change the external editors on MISC-3. In fact I can change them, but they won't get saved when clicking (OK).
      The admin can change them and once he does it also SHIFT-E works out for normal users also.

So I do not know if this the same problem as yours but it is somehow similar,

best regards, Christoph
      ---
      Christoph - IrfanView 4.10

Comment

You can only use Open with External Editor for images you have opened from a file. It does not work with images you have just scanned in or pasted from the clipboard.

Comment

No problems here too.
          Having tried a reinstall, please set PaintDotNet as the first editor (Shift»E). Perhaps you did already. Then try to Shift»E in Full Screen mode. It should work, it is only just a path to the program you enter. I have PaintDotNet as second editor and it works fine.

Comment

Where have you gone Klojum? Do you still have this problem?

Comment

I am always amazed how many users never return and miss so much of our contributions.

Comment

Shhh -- maybe they're lurking
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Oh yah, you're right. And we don't know which one is Irfan...

Comment

Originally posted by DerMeister View Post
                    Are you administrator on your machine?
                    I have something similar under Vista with IV 4.20: if I am not logged in as Admin I cannot even change the external editors on MISC-3. In fact I can change them, but they won't get saved when clicking (OK).
                    The admin can change them and once he does it also SHIFT-E works out for normal users also.
                    IrfanPaint developer
                    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Working...
                    X