Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotated and saved .jpg file will not appear that way in Slideshow

I am using v4.2

I had some .jpg photos that I opened with Irfanview and rotated using the "R" key on the keyboard. I then saved them, and all seemed fine.

I then started to construct a slide show and added these files into the list. They turned up in their original orientation. I went so far as to open one of these files into Irfanview, and there it was, right way up. In the same opened file I started a Slideshow and put exactly the same file into the Slideshow list and there it was sideways!

Is there something different that I should be doing please?
    Last edited by GeoffA; 24.09.2008, 07:56 PM.

You can get in quite a muddle with Jpeg images that contain EXIF data.
    First of all open Options>Properties click the JPG/PCD/GIF tab and uncheck "Auto-rotate according to EXIF data". You then see the image the way it really is and know which way to rotate it to bring it upright.
    When you come to save, check "Show Options Dialog" at the bottom of the Save box. In the Options dialog you need to check "Reset EXIF orientation tag". That will reset the EXIF orientation tag to Top Left when you save the image. That ensures that any Auto-rotate feature will not rotate it again in future.

Comment

Working...
    X