Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help viewing mov file in IrfanView

Hi,
    I have a short clip with a .mov file entension and would like to play it in IrfanView.I'm made to understand that the .mov file extension belongs to Apple Quicktime and downloaded the Quicktime v3.99 plugin, correctly.Everytime I select the file and choose to open it with IrfanView I would get a message "Quicktime error:Can't open movie:C:\Documents and Settings\....."

Can somebody please tell me what what is happening here and what I could be doing wrong.Thanks.

Do you have Quicktime? IrfanView uses the MS Active Movie for MOV playing. Active Movie can't play all MOVs, especially many QuickTime-created MOVs. Installation of Apple QuickTime is recommended. Then it should play in IrfanView.
    Last edited by Skippybox; 28.09.2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi,thanks for your suggestion.I guess I have to wait until such time as I have QuickTime on my computer. I balk at downloading it now, what with a dial up connection this would take ages.As an aside,can IrfanView convert this filetype into something else that it can play, and how could this be done.I really am new at this type of thing.

Comment

The MOV format is a tricky one for IrfanView.
        There are other players, not needing any Quicktime installation, able to play a MOV.
        Like the simple MPUI or the sophisticated KMPlayer
        IrfanView has no tools to convert a video format.
        Better check the, also independent, Super converter.
        It can convert a MOV to an AVI, so you will be able to play it with IrfanView.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X