Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugins not installed?

Hi,

I am just exploring the facilities of IV. As I intend to look some video clips made by my digital foto camera (.mov-files), I downloaded "IrfanView 4.2 Graphic Viewer Plugins" from www.software.com (Official Download Mirror). After having started the downloaded setup-file, the success of the installation was (very quickly) confirmed. But I cannot find the plugins in the IrfanView folder. Besides I cannot open any .mov-files. Those can be opened by Quicktime- and VLC - Player. (In another thread I read about problems with mov-files).

Who can help? Thank you!

Are you saying the default plugins in the PlugIns folder don't even exist in your IrfanView folder? You can check for plugins under Help>Installed PlugIns. If you followed the instructions for the set-up correctly it should have worked. You could try it again or just copy the plugins into the PlugIns folder from the ZIP folder provided online. You definitely need the plugins to play .mov files, so you'll have to make sure you have them first.
    Last edited by Skippybox; 30.09.2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Hi,

thank you so far! Now I could find the "lost" plugins. They were where they should be. I found them with the help of Windows Explorer. They are not listed under "All Programs\IrfanView"!
      But unfortunately the problem itself still exists: IrfanView does not play my .mov-files! IrfanView reports: "Can't open movie (Path\filename.mov). What now?

Comment

Use VLC media player.

IrfanView is an image viewer. Don't waste your time trying to get it to view multi-media. Media players are dedicated to that task.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, if you have all the right plugins, the latest QuickTime installed, and your settings correct, then maybe you should enable Use DirectShow for playing in Properties>Video/Sound tab. This option is useful for some video files, like AVIs with MJPG codec or some MPG, MP4, MOV or WMV files. This is probably the case, since you mentioned the MOV files are video clips made by your digital photo camera.

Comment

I have tested the settings proposed by Skippybox but without success. Under Options\Settings\Video/Music I also tested extern/intern IV Player but couldn't open my .mov-files.
            @ Skippybox: Thanks for your patience,
            @ Bhikkhu Pesala: My OS and IV version were filled in my profile from the beginning!

Comment

Originally posted by Irfan-Fan View Post
              @ Bhikkhu Pesala: My OS and IV version were filled in my profile from the beginning!
              That's part of his signature, so it will always say that, whether or not it applies.

I don't know, it's possible it just can't play your MOV. Other MOVs might have no problem. Bhikkhu is right, you're lucky if you get video and sound in an image viewer. So find a program suited for the task of media.

You might have a codec problem, but I have no expertise with that. You could try KMPlayer, which might make IrfanView play your file when it is installed. If not, use it instead to play it, or VLC, or Quicktime, or whatever you wish...

Comment

Yep, KMPlayer is my default one. No need for extra QuickTime drivers bulk.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X