Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resize Gif - Howto

Hi,

I have a GIF that's 6 frames long. it is 100 x 100 and I need it to be 80 x 80. How do I go about this ? Do I need to extract all 6 jpg frames resize individually and then put them back together again ? Is there an easier way and if their isn't I still don't know how to put em back together

There is no way to do this in Irfan View. Google will find you some programs to do it, but I don't know of one to recommend.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Do not ever save a reduced color depth image or any work in progess as "jpg", use an uncompressed format. If your GIF images are are line art with low number of colors, you will not be able to downsample them using conventional algorithms.

I believe there are no programs doing this kind of work because making Gifs involves manual "pixel" editing. For example any single color transparency will be ruined if you try to resample a GIF.

The best program I know to work with short animations such as GIF is Jasc Animation Shop. You will not be able to trial or purchase it anymore since Jasc is now sold out. Try "acquiring" the program by another means.

Comment

...which could be: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=psp (trial versions up to version 9). Version 7 is the old-faithfull. You don't need to use pixel editing. Importing the Gifs in object-oriented progs meet the needs, providing they are also capable to create and export Animated Gif.

Comment

Working...
        X