Fading out an mp3 file to shorten it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the music tracks to fit with the images. So suppose that after 20 images I want to fade out the current mp3 (in mid play) and start the next mp3. Is it possible to do that in Irfanview please?

If not possible in Irfanview, does anyone know of software (ideally free) that will allow me to do that and perhaps end up with one large mp3 file that contains all the tracks adjusted to the timing of the changing moods of a slideshow.

Thanks

Audacity can do all sorts of editing of sound files, including mp3
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Your proposal is almost impossible with IrfanView.
      Don't forget that IV is basically a 'viewer', not a media-editor.
      IV has the slideshow tool to combine mp3 with several bitmaps, but the options are very restricted.
      No mp3 editing possible, and the duration of showing a certain bitmap in the row only has one common value.
      Making an adjusted mp3 would help, but there will be still the fixed duration of the picture-change.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thank you both,

It takes forever to find out, on one's own that something can't be done. And I now have Audacity dowloaded and can forge ahead on my project.

Geoff

Comment

I also think that it's impossible to do that in Irfanview. May be Easy MP3 Joiner will help you. At least this program helped me when I joined my favourite tracks. Google is your friend as well as mine
          Last edited by Paulik; 11.11.2009, 06:24 AM.
          MP3 Tag Editor

Movie Organizer

Comment

Working...
          X