Email Video Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Video Speed

I recently bought a new computer (4GB RAM) and it now takes up to five minutes to send a video, e.g., a YouTube "joke," that's less than one minute long. When sending the first video on the new system, I got a flag suggesting that I may want to compress my email content (or something to that effect) for which I opted "yes."

Before this (on the old computer), it would have taken less than a minute to send a one or two minute video.

Can you suggest how I may correct this long transmission time? Thanks.

By far the best way is just to send a link to the video.

David Blaine Impresses Tyra Banks

Do you see how much easier that is? It takes just a few bytes of text. The recepient does not have to download it at all if they don't wish to, but they get the message immediatly. Maybe your friends already saw the video before.

Simply copy the link and paste it into your email like this:

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Let me add that attaching a video to a mail, increases the size of the video with about 50%, due to encoding/decoding functions.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X