Slide Shows on the Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide Shows on the Web

I did do a search first and didn't see an answer that totallly answers my question, so please forgive me if this exact questions has been asked before.

InfranView has to be the easiest and most effective way to do PC slideshows as well as create slideshows on a CD/DVD to execute on a DVD player.

My Question is if there is anyway that I can upload the slide show created .EXE file to my web site, then have either send the URL of the .EXE to others or create a Web Page where clicking on the uploaded .EXE file will launch the InfranView slide show.
    Is there a way to drive the InfranView slide show from the web and have others see it without forcing the users to download the .EXE file or have InfranView on their PCs ??

Thanks in advance.

After uploading the .EXE file, I get prompted to just download the file.

Jon

If you want to have a Web slideshow, you should create it using HTML and javascript (or Flash if you like to slow everyone down lol). There are free programs that will do it for you. JAlbum is a good one.

It is not really practical to try to run an exe from a website. A lot of people's firewalls wouldn't allow it. I would run in screaming horror anyway LOL
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Never run an exe directly from the Net. It's asking for trouble.
      Sharing a self-supporting slideshow should be done by up- and downloading. I would prefer a zipped file btw.

A site where you can present a streaming slideshow of your pics is
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

An other possibility is to make HTML files in the Thumbnail modus of IrfanView (File\Save selected thumbs as HTML files). I did it before and it workes fine. You can see a demo on this page: http://www.minima-delft.nl/fotos/24fotos.html

Comment

Working...
        X