No announcement yet.

To enhance cropping options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested To enhance cropping options...

Irfanview got better every day since it was born Thanks to Irfan for the great effort and almost bugsfree versions...

What I'd like to see in Irfanview is alternative crop methods like Bezier Curve or alternative crop shapes to edit our photos.

I know it is not any wisdom to demand all advanced features from a totally free software, but since it got better everyday, why not ?

Cheers...

There have been some requests for more selection options before, but it seems that selection can be very complex. We might have to do without the curves and all that (and bezier is getting a bit beyond the realm of a viewer).

I do have wistful thoughts about inverting the selection, but I suppose I can live without (sniff)
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Of course a point-to-point selection would be nice. But this is the difference between a viewer with basic edit options,
      and a paint-prog.
      An inverted selection is a nice idea, but what happens after cropping ?
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
        I do have wistful thoughts about inverting the selection, but I suppose I can live without (sniff)
        Indeed you can live without it (assuming that you're still alive to read this post).
        1. Make Selection
        2. Copy to the Clipboad
        3. Open another instance of Irfan View
        4. Paste clipboard
        5. Flip or rotate the image
        6. Copy back to the clipboard
        7. Close 2nd instance of IV
        8. Paste into selection
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Why do you need a 2nd instance of IrfanView? I can do it all in one IV window.
          1. Make selection
          2. Cut to clipboard (or just press Ctrl+X), which also mark the selection area
          3. Press V, to invert the whole picture
          4. Make another selection box exactly over that marked cut area
          5. Press Ctrl-V to paste inside that new box
          6. Press V, to re-invert the whole picture back to the original rotation.

Done. Notice your selected area is now upside down.
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
          X