panorama with png files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panorama with png files

When I create a panorama using png files (they all have 600 pixel height), I lose all color. This does not happen with jpg files. Is this a bug? I am using Irfanview 4.0.

No problem here using 24-bit or 32-bit icons.

Perhaps you could attach a couple of images for us to test with.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      No problem here using 24-bit or 32-bit icons.

Perhaps you could attach a couple of images for us to test with.
      The problem is now resolved, but perhaps it is interesting how it happened. One image for the panorama was created with IV as a solid white panel and changed to 24 BPP before saving as png. The png plugin for saving, by default, automatically changed it back to 2 BPP. So when I created the panorama with what I thought were all 24 BPP png files, in fact one was 2 BPP. This caused all color to be lost in the created panorama. The fix was to change options on the png save to 8 bit and RGB.

Sorry to bother you, but I probably wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't posted here.

Comment

Yep, sometimes formulating the question already triggers the solution.
        Bother ? On the contrary, thanks for sharing this information, because I detect some iregular behaviour here.
        The picture with the lowest resolution shouldn't define the resolution of the result. It should be the other way around.
        Low resolution should be converted to the highest resolution of the images present in the panorama collection.

I suppose this is a horizontal panorama. Does it matter what is the position of the 2 BPP one in the order-list L-R ?
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

So you have discovered that IV can carry out this job by its own, without the help of a plugin.

Comment

Working...
          X