PDA

View Full Version : How can I contact the author of IrfanView?

YanYan
04.11.2008, 01:44 AM
In the web site it says

Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices and discounts. Note: If you want, you can buy the licenses using PayPal or credit card.

So I want to contact the author. Then I write e-mail to him and send to irfanview at gmx dot net, as the site said this is the author's e-mail account. However I received message from e-mail server that this e-mail address does not exist. So what is the correct e-mail address? :confused:

matera
04.11.2008, 05:42 AM
You should not post an e-mail address!

There might be some reason that your message did not get through, or a delay in answering. How long ago did you send the e-mail? That is the correct address, but sometimes things get lost on their way from one place to another in the Internet

YanYan
05.11.2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for your reply. Actually I have e-mail to him twice. Both got no reply and one of the e-mail bounce back and the server told me it could not find the e-mail account. So......... I don't understand. The 1st e-mail I sent on Oct 28. Then the 2nd e-mail I sent was on Nov 3. This is strange.

(By the way why that e-mail address shouldn't be posted here? It is posted on the web site already so it shouldn't be a protection of privacy. Is it because of spam protection? May be the site can avoid automatic programs to get the e-mail address but this forum does not have this function thus should post it here? Well I am not good at computer and web stuff so just curious :confused: )

matera
06.11.2008, 03:45 AM
There are different ways of displaying e-mail. On one's own website, one can use a script that makes the address available to human users to click on without allowing spam-harvester robots to pick it up. That is what I do on my site. I can not say whether or not Irfan does this, since I have not seen the underlying code of his site, but in his place I surely would! The address is certainly vulnerable when pasted into a forum post. It is not good Internet etiquette to post another person's address in any case. I would be quite angry if anyone posted mine, and would immediately report it to a moderator.

There could be some problem with your ISP being blocked somewhere because of reported spam activity by others -- many suffer because of the irresponsible acts of people who don't know or care that we exist. Sometimes there are just mysterious barriers that arise between one domain and another. I couldn't get to one of my favorite websites for over a month, and I never knew why. If you like, I could forward a message for you. The only condition is that you edit your post and remove the e-mail address. Deal? :)

materathemad - (at) - gmail - (dot) - com

-- or go to www.firefromthesky.org and click on me ;)

YanYan
07.11.2008, 08:05 AM
Cool! Thanks for your teaching! Actually I rarely post others' e-mail in public unless others' approve so. But.... I post MINE in forums quite often..... LOL

So you mean you can forward my message to Irfan? Thank you very much! ;););)

----------------------
From: Loren [mailto:loren (at) amazing-toys (dot) com (dot) hk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:07 PM
To: irfanview
Subject: Want to buy 1 license for a computer in office

Hi Irfan Skiljan,

I have been using your software at home for many years. It is a nice software. Now I want to use it on my computer in office. Therefore I want to buy a license. So shall I just use credit card or what? Because in your web site it says

Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices and discounts. Note: If you want, you can buy the licenses using PayPal or credit card.

So I write this e-mail to you. Is that US$ 12.00 for a copy and use credit card to pay will be ok? And I will need to have a document (in electronic form is ok) as a record to prove that I have bought the license. Will I automatically receive it when I pay through credit card?

Best Regards,
Loren
--------------------------------

Thank you very much! :p

matera
08.11.2008, 11:27 PM
I wonder if the payment will go all right, since your e-mail doesn't -- but we will see. I can at least relay the messages. :)

I will have to have your e-mail address, in order to forward replies to you, so I don't want to start until then. Please send me a PM with your address (I promise never to post it anywhere - LOL)

YanYan
11.11.2008, 08:17 AM
Yo! Finally get contact with him! And thanks for your help, Matera! ;););)

matera
16.11.2008, 03:44 AM
Say what?
I didn't do anything yet, having a busy and tired week.

Skippybox
17.11.2008, 05:57 PM
Even if you didn't do anything, you still made it happen. ;)