Delete thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete thread?

How do you delete the first post in a thread?

I could do it, but that's not the point.
    I'm not sure about this, but I suppose as long there is no second post in the thread, the member can remove it as an edit action.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Just rename it as "Please delete" and a moderator can delete it for you. I am not sure if other can delete the first post in a thread, even if it has no replies.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
        I'm not sure about this, but I suppose as long there is no second post in the thread, the member can remove it as an edit action.
        Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I am not sure if other can delete the first post in a thread, even if it has no replies.
        It says in FAQ, "If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread." However, choosing Edit does not give me such an option to delete my first post, even if it is the only post. I assume this feature has been turned off by the administrator.

Just rename it as "Please delete" and a moderator can delete it for you.
        How? Unless it is the only post, changing the post title does not change the thread title (permanent). Additionally, editing the post will not flag it as unread. Therefore, do I simply post again?
        Last edited by Skippybox; 11.11.2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

hello steve!

Can you allow users to delete their own threads by deleting the first post? Currently, disabled.

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi,

no problem ~ 3 clicks

Now registered users can delete own posts and threads!

steve

Comment

Working...
            X