Interface lockup when clicking both mousebuttons simulatenously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface lockup when clicking both mousebuttons simulatenously

If you (accidentally) press both mousebuttons simultanenously on the toolbar the whole IrfanView interface will lock up (keyboard commands will remain functional). You can reset the state by doubleclicking in the image area. A Preferences -> Toolbar dialog opens and you can resume working.

I couldn't think what possible function by design I might have triggered. This annoying bug usually has the opportunity to show its ugly nose when browsing trhu images with the Next File and Previous File buttons. I only recently found that its still possible to double click.

Very hard to reproduce - probably because of different settings and/or difference in mice (and fingers LOL) - but yep, after many bi-clicks I got it to do it exactly as you describe. I'm now looking at the skin selection! That is an oddity.

Oho - a double-click on the toolbar brings up the dialog too, probably that's where the ticklishness is.
    Last edited by matera; 22.07.2007, 04:34 AM.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
      Very hard to reproduce
      Not at all. I probably gave a too vague description. All you need to do is open a fresh window, press and hold one mouse button on the toolbar, and while holding it press the other one. If I think about it, it's probably the code that recognizes a doubleclick. It is waiting for the next click but gets confused when the other button signals ON.

Comment

Easter Egg

You're absolutely right! It's a bug and it isn't hard to produce either. I started an empty IrfanView and gave a leftclick on an icon. Next I gave a rightclick on the same icon (holding the left mousebutton). Selecting another icon didn't work anymore. All clicked buttons stays pushed-in and even the menubar didn't work, untill I clicked outside IV en reselected IV. The same 'repairing' happend after a dubbleclick on the image area (like you wrote) or at the menubar. After that all is well again apart from the pushed-in buttons. The kind of skin has nothing to do with it.
        Originally posted by j7n View Post
        It is waiting for the next click but gets confused when the other button signals ON.
        One could call it a bug. I'd rather call it an 'easter egg' (http://www.eeggs.com/faq.html). It's a funny little joke and I think I'm going to use it at my computerclub, because the Enter-key (full screen) keeps working (the Spacebar too). When I've to go for a pee, I'd give an Enter and the inquisitive member who tries to handle my PC will get confused.
        Last edited by Sjef; 22.07.2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, the description was too vague. I had the impression that the buttons were to be pressed simultaneously. Giving it the old one-two does it right away. LOL. Hey, I'm a writer, I take words literally
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

2Sjef :: LOL

2Matera :: It's good that a keybord has no buttons just keys.

Comment

Working...
            X