Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't post in 'Feature Requests'

Hi,

I can't post in 'Feature requests' forum. Do I need to be a registered user of IrfanView for that? Can't find any info that such a requirement exists anywhere.

You can post in the Feature Requests forum, but you cannot post a new Feature Request or Bug Report in the Projects List.

That is to keep the Project List to a manageable size, and to filter out the many requests for features that are either already available, near duplicates of similar features, or simply impractical. The same goes for Bug Reports. More often than not, “Bugs” turn out to be requests for IrfanView to behave differently to the way it was designed to work, or just down to user error.

I recommend reading the sticky thread — A Word for the Over-eager first. You might also like to search the Forums to see if your request has already been made.

In the relatively short time the forum has been running, we found that we got little feedback from Irfan for existing feature requests, so we're reluctant to submit any more unless a signficant number of users are asking for the same or a similar feature. It is down to individual moderators to submit requests to the Project List if they think they have merit.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.11.2008, 12:12 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It was actually my browser... Using Opera I could not start a new in the Request Features... All I was given was a 'not logged in or not autherised' message... A new post in bug report went fine. Don't know what was wrong. Tried IE and all is fine... Will update my profile, thanks.

Comment

You probably need to allow cookies. I also use Opera.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

feature list/ bug list needs a complete "modification" or better a re- organisation. I am not satisfied with the project tools at the moment.

In the next days i´ll give you some detailed information about a "better" structure for adding bugs and (feature) suggestions.

steve

Comment

Working...
          X