Reposition mouse to zoom buttons after clicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Reposition mouse to zoom buttons after clicked

Sometimes when looking through pictures from a camera they are bigger than my screen and I like to zoom out so I can see the full image or zoom in to the center for the fun of it. It would be nice if after clicking the zoom in and zoom out button the cursor would reposition itself in the center of the last button clicked.

Thank you.

You're asking for a function which doesn't exist so far : Make IV remember the position of the cursor, and reproduce it.
    With the necessary calculations in this case of what is supposed to be the center of the picture.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Try using a scroll-wheel mouse.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Keep your mouse on the button you want and use "+" and "-" keyboard keys to zoom.

Comment

Hrmm it sounds like I didn't quite explain what I meant.

What I mean is put the cursor back into the center of the zoom in/out icon on the toolbar.

Getting the position of the button on the form shouldn't be hard at all.
          It should be a property of the button class, then it should be trivial to calculate the center of the button, or just offset the cursor a few pixels from the top left corner of the button.

I do have a scroll wheel, but it cycles through the pictures, not zoom.

Comment

Ah, so not the center of the picture, but of the zoom-buttons.
            But then I can't confirm any problem here.
            If you click on a zoom button, the cursor stays on the position so you can click again.

My scroll wheel also cycles through the pictures. Which I find quite annoying I must say.
            I have other methods to change picture, and sometimes I accidentally touch the scroll and loose the bitmap I'm working on.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It mostly happens when zooming out since the size of the window keeps shrinking thus changing the position of all the icons in the toolbar.

Comment

Very simple soution - Properties -> Misc2
                UNcheck:
                "Center window when loading new image"

Window will "home" in upper-left corner of screen, buttons will not move.

Can't have cake and eat it too
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Well that sort of works. Except when zooming in and the lower right corner goess off the screen then the window repositions itself.

If the cake was code I could!!

Oh well, it appears I'm the only one that has any interest in this nitpicky feature anyway.

I do have other ideas though...but those are for another thread!

Comment

Originally posted by buaku View Post
                    I do have a scroll wheel, but it cycles through the pictures, not zoom.
                    Hold down the control key while scrolling to zoom.
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                    X