Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAW files incorrect sizes ?

Hi,
    I am having problems with displaying raw files from both Olympus 7070WZ and Sony Alpha 300. They are reported and shown with a reduced pixel size. The Olympus ORF files open as 160x120 pixels and the Sony ARW as 1616x1080 pixels (this is the size when trying to view as Original size in Irfanview with Ctrl-H). Other programs (like Photoshop Elements) open them fine.
    I am pretty sure I was able to see the Olympus RAW files correctly with some previous version of Iview, but I haven't kept the older install media files so I cannot say which Iview (or plugin pack) it was. The Sony is a new camera, so I haven't tried these before.
    Anyone with similar experience and/or solution ?
    The reason for this - I would like to shoot RAW only and use IrfanView for fast JPG preview generation.

Thanks
    Tomas

OK, answering myself - I had the "Try to load embedded preview image (if available)" under Options - Properties - Plugins, checked. Once unchecked, it opens the original size. Very interesting why the previews got embedded with these sizes, I guess the large one (Sony) might have been from Photoshop Elements, but the Olympus is a bit of a puzzle to me. Anyway - case resolved.

Comment

Working...
    X