unable to batch resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to batch resize

I love using the option: File --> Batch Conversion/Rename, I find it very usefull when needing to resize a bunch of digital images like vacation pictures to be able to send to friends and family online without it taking forever to send.

Now this has never happened to me before, but today this batch option is refusing to resize my images and I have no idea what I did wrong. The normal resize option seems to work just fine. I tried batch resizing about 90 images twice in a row, the originals are all 2560 x 1920 x 24 BPP, the results have a slightly smaller filesize (probably thanks to the resample function), but are still all the same size as the originals.

I am using IrfanView 4.00 on a Windows XP pro system and am including attachments of the advanced options settings and the JPEG options settings within the batch conversion screen.
    Attached Files

The thing I notice so far is, that you don't have any value in the 'Width' field.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It's not that, but that it's the wrong field for the resizing mode. "Set long side to:" is checked, but its field is blank. The height and width fields of the first row belong to the "Set both sides to" function, which is not checked, therefore the setting is not applicable. With a blank field for the long side setting, the images are merely resaved in the original pixel size (but with any compression setting applied).

It is a bit crowded in that area, and the parts that belong together are not as obvious as in some of the other options

added - yay for IrfanPaint
      Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 03:30 AM.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Silly me...

Awesome, thank you!
        I knew it was gonna be something really silly like that...

It's working now, so that was it

Comment

Working...
        X